Random Drug Testing Services
Random drug testing, as the term implies, is the type of drug testing done at a very short notice or none. When one knows such tests can happen anytime, one tends to be cautious and refrains from drug and alcohol consumption. Normally, most employers conduct such random drug tests to discourage people from getting into the drug trap and keep the workplace environment clean. Aside from boosted productivity, it also prevents mishaps and accidents which happen due to drug or alcohol use. If the employer is DOT registered, then they have a documented policy and procedure for random drug tests. Medway Onsite Health Services offers various types of random drug testing services.
Types of Drugs Tested as the Part of Our Random Drug Testing Services
Most employers prefer the 5-panel urine test. Depending upon the results, some may opt for a 10-panel test for certain employees. A panel is a set of 5 or 10 drugs as decided by the court or as documented by the employer under DOT. Usually, a 5-panel test comprises the most commonly consumed drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, opiates, amphetamines, and methamphetamines. This may change depending upon the requirement.
Random Drug Testing Services Offered by Medway Onsite Health Solutions (OHS)
Medway offers various ways of random drug testing. Here are some of them:
- Urine drug testing: This is most commonly used method as it is easy and cost effective. Also, a urine test will have traces of drugs for at least 30 days and above if the person uses drugs like marijuana. The detection times also depend upon factors such as your hydration levels and the type of drug consumed. However, according to some reports, there have been instances where in the place of urine, some employees poured synthetic urine as part of manipulation. We take care this does not happen. Our technicians are present at the test site designate restrooms and ensure the employee goes to the right restroom.
- Saliva drug testing: Mouth swab or saliva test is more reliable as the employee cannot manipulate. The technician directly takes saliva sample by placing a sterilized swab in the mouth. The drug consumed metabolizes in the saliva. However, the detection window for this method is up to 72 hours.
- Hair follicle drug testing: In this test, some hair sample is collected from the scalp. So, this easy to collect and there is no scope for manipulation. This test offers accurate results as the drug consumed is metabolized in the hair follicle. The hair grows in length along with the drug traces in it. This test offers a detection window of up to 90 days.
Benefits of Random Drug Testing
There are many benefits of random drug testing to the employer as well as the employees. Here are some of them.
- As mentioned, DOT-registered employers already have all the documentation. However, even if an employer is not DOT registered, we can help them document everything. This helps as an evidence in case an employee who tests positive blames the employer for bias or so.
- If an employee tests positive, they undergo counseling and all the possible help to stop drug or alcohol consumption.
- The very idea of surprise drug tests keeps the employees away from drugs most of the times.
- This type of testing not only helps an employer keep the work environment clean, but also gives employees a chance to reform.
Medway Onsite Health Services offers random drug testing services as required by employers. Our extremely efficient and experienced technicians can also be trusted in terms of confidentiality apart from specimen collection and screening. A clean, drug-free environment helps boost productivity and increases the safety quotient of the workplace. To achieve this, we are always there to help you. If you have any questions regarding our random drug testing services or bookings, you can reach us on phone or email.
Connect with Us